How to Calculate Total Google Drive for Work Data Storage
This is a question I get a lot. Whether you’re trying to migrate from Google Drive to something else, or simply calculate how much backups are going to cost, you need to know how much storage your entire company is using in Google Drive.
Google Apps has some nice reports, but they don’t actually provide a sum total amount of data your employees have in their Drive’s.
Here is how you calculate the total amount of data your company is using in Google Drive:
- Visit the Users section in Google Apps admin at https://admin.google.com/** domain=””>**/
Click Download Users and select Download the filtered list of users.
A CSV (Comma Separated Value document) will be downloaded to your computer. Mine was named OrgData-mover.io-221f24z17cukhl-20140401.
Create a new Google Spreadsheet in Google Drive.
Once you’re inside, click File and then Import.
Select the CSV that was previously downloaded.
I left Replace spreadsheet selected so it imported the data in place.
Leave Automatic selected under the Separator character heading.
You will now see all your users, and a column named Drive usage.
My sheet only had rows A through I. My Drive usage column is in column H. In a blank cell, anywhere other than column H (or your Drive usage column), copy and paste this formula:
Note: ArrayFormula and RegexExtract are Google Spreadsheets specific and don’t exist in Excel.
Remember to replace the H:H part if your Drive usage column is somewhere else, or if you want to sum up a different column.
You should now see a sum of the total GB used in Google Drive for your organization.
Now you know how much data your entire company uses in Google Drive!
- Serving Our Core Customers
- Three Ways to Defend Against Ransomware Like Cryptolocker
- World Backup Day 2016
- Helping Copy and CudaDrive Users Find A New Home
- Making A Cloud Migration Communication Plan
- Thinking About Backups
- Greener Pastures for GreenQloud
- Vital Lessons from the OPM Hack
- Announcing Google Cloud Storage Support
- Moving to Google Photos
- Mover Partners with Dropbox for Business
- Incremental Feature Updated
- Migrating to Google Drive
- Welcoming Bitcasa
- Rescuing Ubuntu One
- Cloud Storage Services Affected by Heartbleed Bug
- New Pricing for 2014
- How to Calculate Total Google Drive for Work Data Storage
- World Backup Day 2014
- Why We Chose Keen IO
- Paying for Cloud Storage is Temporary
- Switching to Cloud Storage
- Cloud Closures Remind Us of the Importance of Backups
- Friday the 13th Service Outage
- 19 Cloud Connectors
- Mover Adds Copy Support
- Data Gravity
- SEC Financial Regulations Rule 17a and the Cloud
- HIPAA Health Regulations in the Cloud
- SFTP Private Key Addition
- Mover Ranked First in Forbes List of Companies to Watch
- Yandex.Disk is Joining Mover
- We're Merging Backup Box Into Mover
- Mover Integrates WebDAV
- Mover and SharePoint
- SmugMug Joins With Mover
- Start Connecting with Egnyte