New Pricing for 2014
As we’ve grown Mover over these last two years we’ve observed many things.
First: There is a huge need to migrate data to, from, and between cloud storage providers.
Second: Once you’re in the cloud, there is a huge need to make sure your data is backed up!
The awesome part of running a company like Mover, is that we get to constantly test, observe, and retest our assumptions about our product. When we first launched, we had two payment plans, which had major gaps in them. So we decided to see what would happen if we went to a prepaid model of simply adding credit to your account. This worked out well, and we saw a ton of growth as people came to the site and supported us with a few dollars here or there.
What we realized, however, is that many of our customers were trying to do ongoing transfers, such as creating backups. A credit system is great for one-time migrations, but it falls down if you need to constantly top up your account. Back to the drawing board we went!
Today we are announcing our third iteration of pricing plans. Effective immediately you will be able to subscribe to Mover services on a monthly basis.
We will continue to offer our pay-per-GB option for users in need of migration services. Free accounts will have more restrictions, but all existing account holders will maintain their status and schedules will run normally.
Along with our new plans, we are enabling our business users to easily manage individual users in their cloud storage accounts. We call these our Multi-User Connectors.
Multi-User Connectors are awesome! They let any administrator of providers like Google Drive, Box, and Egnyte see all the users in their organization.
We’ll post more about Multi-User Connectors in the future, but I wanted to give it a brief mention here because they’re very important if you’re trying to migrate or backup your entire department or company.
- Serving Our Core Customers
- Three Ways to Defend Against Ransomware Like Cryptolocker
- World Backup Day 2016
- Helping Copy and CudaDrive Users Find A New Home
- Making A Cloud Migration Communication Plan
- Thinking About Backups
- Greener Pastures for GreenQloud
- Vital Lessons from the OPM Hack
- Announcing Google Cloud Storage Support
- Moving to Google Photos
- Mover Partners with Dropbox for Business
- Incremental Feature Updated
- Migrating to Google Drive
- Welcoming Bitcasa
- Rescuing Ubuntu One
- Cloud Storage Services Affected by Heartbleed Bug
- New Pricing for 2014
- How to Calculate Total Google Drive for Work Data Storage
- World Backup Day 2014
- Why We Chose Keen IO
- Paying for Cloud Storage is Temporary
- Switching to Cloud Storage
- Cloud Closures Remind Us of the Importance of Backups
- Friday the 13th Service Outage
- 19 Cloud Connectors
- Mover Adds Copy Support
- Data Gravity
- SEC Financial Regulations Rule 17a and the Cloud
- HIPAA Health Regulations in the Cloud
- SFTP Private Key Addition
- Mover Ranked First in Forbes List of Companies to Watch
- Yandex.Disk is Joining Mover
- We're Merging Backup Box Into Mover
- Mover Integrates WebDAV
- Mover and SharePoint
- SmugMug Joins With Mover
- Start Connecting with Egnyte