Announcing Google Cloud Storage Support
We’re happy to introduce Google Cloud Storage as the newest member of the our Connector family!
Google Cloud Storage is a a powerful, simple and cost effective object storage service for developers and IT organizations. Google Cloud offers three different levels of storage via the same API – including Nearline, “cold” (offline) storage for your data that can be retrieved almost instantaneously.
Why Make The Switch?
Our answer: because you can. Mover empowers people to put their data wherever they want, whether it’s for pricing, availability, or features within a particular ecosystem.
Google has made a pretty convincing argument when it comes to storage – even when your data is offline, it should still be accessible relatively quickly (or in their case within seconds). Most other companies offering a similar service require multiple hours to retrieve your data from cold storage.
Photo credit: Google
That’s a few hours difference between getting back to work when you need to restore after a system crash or in a disaster recovery situation, all stored inexpensively.
Getting Into Google Cloud
Using Mover, getting your data into Google Cloud Storage is a breeze (just make sure you’ve enabled interoperability, first). Using our app, you can create a new Connector for it in less than a minute – provided you’ve got your credentials handy.
After that, it’s a few simple steps to start scheduling backups or migrating your large volume app data into Google Cloud today with Mover from over twenty other cloud services.
February 28, 2018 - Updated to fix broken links.
- Serving Our Core Customers
- Three Ways to Defend Against Ransomware Like Cryptolocker
- World Backup Day 2016
- Helping Copy and CudaDrive Users Find A New Home
- Making A Cloud Migration Communication Plan
- Thinking About Backups
- Greener Pastures for GreenQloud
- Vital Lessons from the OPM Hack
- Announcing Google Cloud Storage Support
- Moving to Google Photos
- Mover Partners with Dropbox for Business
- Incremental Feature Updated
- Migrating to Google Drive
- Welcoming Bitcasa
- Rescuing Ubuntu One
- Cloud Storage Services Affected by Heartbleed Bug
- New Pricing for 2014
- How to Calculate Total Google Drive for Work Data Storage
- World Backup Day 2014
- Why We Chose Keen IO
- Paying for Cloud Storage is Temporary
- Switching to Cloud Storage
- Cloud Closures Remind Us of the Importance of Backups
- Friday the 13th Service Outage
- 19 Cloud Connectors
- Mover Adds Copy Support
- Data Gravity
- SEC Financial Regulations Rule 17a and the Cloud
- HIPAA Health Regulations in the Cloud
- SFTP Private Key Addition
- Mover Ranked First in Forbes List of Companies to Watch
- Yandex.Disk is Joining Mover
- We're Merging Backup Box Into Mover
- Mover Integrates WebDAV
- Mover and SharePoint
- SmugMug Joins With Mover
- Start Connecting with Egnyte